If you have ever tried to work in the Outlook desktop app when suddenly you are notified that "Outlook is offline" or you see a red X on the bottom of your screen, then Outlook is on offline mode.
This is actually a really easy fix and only takes a few seconds.
To put Outlook back to Online Mode:
- Click on the "Send/Receive" tab
- Click on the "Work Offline" button. (This might seem counterintuitive, but this button is a toggle, and the name doesn't change)
That's it! You are now back online. Your emails and notifications should update within a minute or less.
If you would prefer a video of how to perform this fix click the video below:
Why does this happen?
To be honest it's not known. This is a random issue that doesn't seem to have a reason why. Hopefully, Microsoft will come out with a fix for Outlook to prevent this. But in the meantime, this simple fix will need to be done.
As always if you run into any issues please let us know!
- Call us at (317) 738-8148
- Submit a ticket at service.franklincollege.edu
- or email us at [email protected]