How do I find a computer's MAC address?
On a Windows PC:
On a Mac:
- Select Run from the Start menu and type command and press enter. This will display the command prompt.
- Type ipconfig /all to display information about all network adapters installed on the machine.
- On Windows 7 and 8 find the selection titled “Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection” for wired connections or. “Wireless Lan Adapter for Wireless Network Connection” for wireless.
- Find an entry called Physical Address, which is the network adapter’s MAC address.
On an iOS device (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch):
- Select "About This Mac" from the Apple Menu.
- Click "System Report"
- Click the Network heading on the left-side column.
- On the right side, the window will list every kind of network interface set up on your computer (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth PAN, VPNs)
- Click each "Active Service" and look for MAC Address for Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Open the Settings app
- Tap General
- Tap About
- Scroll down and the MAC address will be listed as "Wi-Fi Address"
Please wait... it will take a second!